| USA TODAY
Week 6 of school soccer was not variety to defenses throughout the board. Operating backs and wideouts reigned supreme and left numerous defenders heartbroken on the best way to finish zones throughout the nation in high-scoring shootouts.
Quarterbacks loved comfy pockets and propelled their groups to wins with each their arms and their legs. And naturally, a few of these gamers performed the hero function as their underdog groups got here out on high towards some touted opponents.
Rating the highest 10 performances from Week 6:
1. Terrace Marshall Jr., LSU, WR: Marshall was electrical in LSU’s 45-41 loss to Missouri. He racked up 11 receptions for 235 yards and three touchdowns within the shedding effort, together with a 75-yard deep ball by the guts of the Tigers secondary.
2. Michael Carter, North Carolina, RB: The Tar Heels referred to as their tailback’s quantity all through their 56-45 win towards Virginia Tech and the senior answered each time. Carter had 214 yards on 17 carries with two touchdowns within the high-scoring affair.
3. Sam Ehlinger, Texas QB: The Texas sign caller led the Longhorns by the air and on the bottom in a four-overtime thriller towards Huge 12 rival Oklahoma. Ehlinger threw for 287 yards, rushed for 112 and had a complete of six touchdowns within the newest iteration of the Purple River Showdown. His efforts had been in useless, nevertheless. The Sooners gained 53-45.
FALLING SHORT: Sam Ehlinger heroics cannot do sufficient to avoid wasting No. 22 Texas
HIGHS AND LOWS: Winners and losers from Week 6 embrace Texas A&M, LSU
BULLDOGS BITE: Georgia makes use of sturdy second half to take down Tennessee
4. Kevin Harris, South Carolina RB: Harris had 200 all-purpose yards within the Gamecocks’ 41-7 blowout win over Vanderbilt. With 171 yards on the bottom and 29 yards receiving, Harris’ two-touchdown efficiency was a particular one.
5. Isaiah Spiller, Texas A&M RB: Spiller took benefit of a struggling Florida protection in Texas A&M’s first win over a top-five crew underneath head coach Jimbo Fisher. Spiller ran for 174 yards and located the tip zone twice within the upset victory.
6. Connor Bazelak, Missouri QB: Bazelak led the cost for Missouri in its upset win over No. 16 LSU. He accomplished 29 of 34 passes for 406 yards and 4 touchdowns within the 45-41 house victory towards the defending nationwide champions.
SEC STUNNER: No. 16 LSU falls to winless Missouri in 45-41 shootout
7. Mac Jones, Alabama QB, and Najee Harris, Alabama RB: The Crimson Tide put up 63 factors and 723 yards of their victory at Mississippi and their junior quarterback and senior working again had been on the middle of issues. Jones was 28-for-32 passing for 417 yards and two touchdowns, whereas Harris tied a faculty file with 5 speeding touchdowns as he totaled 203 yards on 26 carries.
8. Travis Etienne, Clemson RB: The ACC’s all-time main rusher continues so as to add to his spectacular profession numbers. The senior rolled up 149 yards on the bottom and 73 receiving because the No. 1 Tigers cruised to a 42-17 defeat of No. 7 Miami (Fla.).
9. Monty Rice, Georgia LB: It was a dominant efficiency by the Bulldogs on protection towards Tennessee with their senior stalwart main the best way. Rice had a team-high eight tackles and two tackles for loss. His fumble restoration for a rating after his sack of Jarrett Guarantano within the fourth quarter had been the ultimate factors in a 44-21 victory.
10. Brock Purdy, Iowa State QB: The Cyclones stay unbeaten within the Huge 12 after taking down Texas Tech with Purdy on the controls of their offense. The junior was an environment friendly 32-of-43 for 302 yards and two touchdowns in a 31-15 win.
Honorable point out
Myles Brennan, LSU QB: Though LSU misplaced to an underdog Mizzou squad, it wasn’t for Brennan’s lack of efficiency from underneath middle. The shredded the Missouri protection within the shedding effort and threw for 430 yards and 4 touchdowns.
Macon Clark, Tulane DB: Clark carried out valiantly in Tulane’s 49-31 loss to Houston. Despite the fact that the opposition almost scored 50 factors, Clark was the one optimistic within the secondary with 4 tackles and two interceptions — considered one of which was a decide six.
Caleb Chapman, Texas A&M WR: Chapman manhandled the Florida secondary in the course of the Aggies 41-38 win over Florida. The 6-foot-5 wideout took benefit of some one-on-one matchups and registered 9 catches for 151 yards and two touchdowns.
T.J. Pledger, Oklahoma RB: Pledger was large for the Sooners of their four-overtime win over Texas. He had 131 speeding yards and two touchdowns off of twenty-two carries and tacked on 24 receiving yards for Oklahoma.