Allen Lim’s pals had been consuming his rice muffins for years – all the way through the Excursion de France, the Olympics and on weekend rides. This is how you’ll be able to cause them to at house.
Dr Allen Lim has made hundreds of thousands of rice muffins for cyclists, be they Excursion de France groups or weekend warriors. Right here, he walks you throughout the procedure so you’ll be able to make your individual trip meals.
From candy to savory, gentle to wild, there are unending permutations on rice cake flavors. However here’s the recipe for Allen’s authentic rice muffins, with bacon and eggs.
As you’ll be able to see within the video, Allen isn’t afraid so as to add or subtract substances in accordance with what sounds just right, or what he has available. For example, on this video he substitutes maple syrup for brown sugar.
Allen additionally demonstrates tips on how to roll the rice muffins in foil parchment paper for simple delivery and use at the motorbike.
2 cups raw Calrose or different medium-grain “sticky” rice
1.Five cups water
Eight oz bacon
2 tablespoons liquid amino acids or low-sodium soy sauce
grated parmesan (non-compulsory)
1. Mix rice and water in a rice cooked.
2. Whilst rice is cooking, cut up bacon ahead of frying, then fry in a medium sauté pan. When crispy, drain off fats and absorb extra fats with paper towels.
3. Beat the eggs in a small bowl after which scramble on top warmth within the sauté pan. Don’t fear about overcooking the eggs as they’ll get a divorce simply when blended with the rice.
4. In a big bowl or within the rice cooker bowl, mix the cooked rice, bacon, and scrambled eggs. Upload liquid amino acids or soy sauce and sugar to style. After blending, press into an 8- or 9-inch sq. baking pan to about 1.5-inch thickness. Best with extra brown sugar, salt to style, and grated parmesan, if desired.
5. Reduce and wrap person muffins. Makes about 10 rice muffins.
For extra recipes via Allen and his buddy Chef Biju Thomas, take a look at the three-book Feed Zone collection: feedzonecookbook.com.