SAINT PETER, Minn. – The Gustavus males’s tennis crew starts NCAA regional play at 2 p.m. Saturday towards Grinnell on the College of Chicago. The No. 16 Gusties (19-7) earned a primary spherical bye, whilst Grinnell (26-4) defeated St. Scholastica 5-Zero on Friday. The winner of nowadays’s fit advances to the area championship fit towards the winner of Chicago and Augustana at midday Sunday.
Closing season, the Gusties and Pioneers met in the second one spherical of the NCAA regional spherical in Saint Peter with the Gusties profitable 5-0. The Gusties have since changed 3 singles avid gamers and 4 doubles, whilst the Pioneer lineup options two new singles avid gamers and only one new doubles participant.
Saturday’s projected matchups (GAC vs. GC) with total information:
- Patrick Whaling (15-9) vs. Bowen Mince (15-11)
- Chase Johnson (20-5) vs. Zach Lane (14-14)
- Yassine Derbani (16-4) vs. Sam Stickels (18-6)
- Michael O’Neil (14-9) vs. Ben Cobin (21-4)
- Nick Aney (17-7) vs. M. Conlin-Brandenburg (24-2)
- Indraneel Raut (16-8) vs. Jack Lunn (22-3)
- Whaling/Johnson (28-5) vs. Mince/Cobin (25-8)
- Derbani/Aney (19-5) vs. Stickels/Conlin-Brandenburg (27-4)
- O’Neil/Xavier Sanga (13-7) vs. Lane/George Kaslow (25-2)