- The best way to observe:
- Watch live to tell the tale BBC One from 15:30 GMT; concentrate on BBC Radio Five are living and BBC native radio; textual content observation at the BBC Recreation web page
Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita is dominated out as a result of a groin downside.
New signing Takumi Minamino is to be had and may come into rivalry, with Reds boss Jurgen Klopp most probably make a lot of adjustments.
Everton will assess Bernard, who withdrew from the beginning line-up towards Manchester Town after being injured within the warm-up.
Fabian Delph’s knee downside can be monitored, however Morgan Schneiderlin returns following a calf damage.
MOTD COMMENTATOR’S NOTES
@Wilsonfooty: Two years to the day that Virgil van Dijk gained the final FA Cup Merseyside derby on his Liverpool debut, right here they move once more.
That 2018 victory for Jurgen Klopp’s facet used to be, unusually, Liverpool’s first ever FA Cup win over Everton at Anfield – all 4 earlier encounters have been drawn.
Everton, crushed 5-2 right here in Marco Silva’s final recreation in rate only a month in the past, shall be way more assured of fending off defeat with Carlo Ancelotti on the helm.
The Italian guided Napoli to a Champions League win over Liverpool in southern Italy again in September, and adopted it up with a draw at Anfield in November. That is the handiest considered one of Liverpool’s final 22 house recreation they from that have now not emerged victorious.
This a derby… and a cup derby in addition: take not anything without any consideration.
VIEW FROM THE DUGOUT
Liverpool supervisor Jurgen Klopp: “Folks have advised me already I would not admire the cup. It isn’t true. However my first process is to admire the gamers.
“I have were given to come to a decision if it is allowed to play them once more.
“How are you able to have a look at a scenario like Newcastle – dropping 4 gamers [to injury] in a single recreation – and now not assume ‘that is loopy’.”
Everton supervisor Carlo Ancelotti: “It’s an implausible problem but additionally an implausible alternative. We’re going to play towards the most efficient staff on this second, they’re international champions so congratulations to them, however that is an implausible problem for us.
“Each and every derby is a different recreation. I understand how other this recreation is. After all Liverpool is the favorite, however in a derby you by no means know what’s going on.
“The FA Cup right here is totally other to different competitions, other to the Italian Cup for example. The reality that it’s the oldest pageant offers it a truly particular environment. There are a large number of surprises on this pageant. It is a truly thrilling second, now we have self assurance to do our perfect.”
We already noticed Reds boss Jurgen Klopp make a load of adjustments for the league fit towards Everton and I’d now not be shocked if he gambled once more.
That may be a possibility in contrast Toffees facet, who already glance a special proposition below Carlo Ancelotti. It’ll be vigorous too – as a result of there shall be a special environment, there shall be much more Everton lovers inside of Anfield for this one – however I nonetheless assume Liverpool gets thru it.
Lawro’s complete predictions v Ladhood megastar Liam Williams
- This would be the 235th Merseyside derby, and the 25th time the edges have met within the FA Cup. It’s the maximum performed fixture within the cup’s historical past.
- The Reds have gained 11 of the former 24 FA Cup encounters, drawing six and dropping seven.
- 4 of the 5 FA Cup video games at Anfield between those facets have led to attracts; Liverpool claimed their first house win with a 2-1 victory within the 0.33 around in 2018.
- House and away, Liverpool are unbeaten in 20 league and cup fits towards Everton (W10, D10), a file unbeaten streak for both membership in aggressive Merseyside derbies.
- The Reds have misplaced their final two FA Cup fits (to West Brom in 2018 and Wolves in 2019).
- They have got now not misplaced 3 in a row within the pageant since a an identical series from 1952 to 1954.
- Liverpool are unbeaten at house since dropping to Chelsea within the League Cup in September 2018.
- Divock Origi has scored in all 4 of his appearances towards Everton at Anfield (5 targets in overall).
- The Toffees had been eradicated within the FA Cup 0.33 around in 3 of the final 5 years – as many third-round exits as within the earlier 16 seasons.
- Carlo Ancelotti has gained seven of his 12 video games as a supervisor towards Liverpool, together with 4 of the final six. That features a 2-Zero house win for Napoli in September – the one defeat the Reds’ first staff has suffered this season.
- Ancelotti has gained seven of his earlier 9 FA Cup video games, all with Chelsea, who he guided to victory within the 2010 ultimate.
- Defeat to Manchester Town ended Everton’s five-game unbeaten run within the league – it used to be their first Premier League loss since being crushed 5-2 through Liverpool on four December.