Ultimate Outcomes (PDF)
Senior Kaitlyn Papp turned in her tenth collegiate top-five end Sunday and the Texas ladies’s golf staff positioned second on the Betsy Rawls Invitational at UT Golf Membership.
The Longhorns carded an 11-under-par three-round complete of 853 [293-279-281]. Baylor captured the match title with a powerful 22-under-par 842 [289-279-274]. The Bears recorded the second-lowest 54-hole staff complete within the historical past of the Betsy Rawls Invitational.
Baylor’s Gurleen Kaur took house the person title with a 13-under-par 203 [72-65-66]. Oklahoma State’s Isabella Fierro, who received the Betsy Rawls Invitational final season, positioned second with a 12-under-par 204 [67-71-66].
Because the begin of the 2017-18 marketing campaign, Texas has now recorded 22 top-three staff match finishes.
As a staff, the Longhorns logged a field-best 56 birdies and added 165 pars on the week. Texas had the perfect scoring common of any staff within the discipline on par-four holes [4.03, +4].
LINEUP AT A GLANCE
- Papp earned her tenth collegiate top-five end and her twentieth collegiate top-10 particular person end on Sunday. She totaled an eight-under-par 208 [73-67-68]. Sunday’s 68 marked her 18th profession spherical within the 60s and her second consecutive such spherical. Papp’s 14 birdies on the weekend led her staff and have been second-most amongst all golfers within the discipline.
- Sophomore Sophie Guo tied for sixteenth with an even-par 216 [74-73-69]. Her third-round 69 was a season-best and her eighth profession spherical within the 60s. Guo totaled 33 pars and 11 birdies on the weekend.
- Junior Hailee Cooper [73-71-73] and freshman Ashley Park [76-70-71] tied for nineteenth with three-round totals of 217 [+1]. Park’s 37 pars led her staff.
- Freshman Bentley Cotton tied for twenty second with a two-over-par 218 [73-71-74].
- Senior Kelly Xac, competing as a person, positioned 51st at 266 [92-81-93].
TEXAS HEAD COACH RYAN MURPHY
“I assumed it was an awesome remaining spherical. We performed fairly stable golf at present. Pappy had a pleasant 68 and a pleasant top-five end for her. It is a bit simpler to swallow whenever you lose by 11 than it’s to lose by one or two. It wasn’t that tight on the very finish. We might have needed to play a unprecedented spherical at present if we have been going to catch the Bears. We did not get it happening that stage. I used to be happy with them. I assumed it was a stable day and a very stable remaining two rounds of the match.”
Texas returns to motion Oct. 26-28 when it travels to Atlanta, Ga., to take part within the prestigious East Lake Cup. The occasion will likely be televised by Golf Channel.
1. Baylor – 289-279-274=842 [-22]
2. Texas – 293-279-281=853 [-11]
3. Oklahoma – 299-287-270=856 [-8]
4. Iowa State – 291-288-294=873 [+9]
5. TCU – 293-290-294=877 [+13]
6. North Texas – 292-304-283=879 [+15]
7. Texas Tech – 297-302-288=887 [+23]
8. Kansas – 299-297-295=891 [+27]
1. Gurleen Kaur [Baylor] – 72-65-66=203 [-13]
* 2. Isabella Fierro [Oklahoma State] – 67-71-66=204 [-12]
3. Hannah Display screen [Oklahoma] – 69-69-68=206 [-10]
T4. Kaitlyn Papp [Texas] – 73-67-68=208 [-8]
T4. Libby Winans [Oklahoma] – 76-68-64=208 [-8]
T4. Kaitlyn Papp – 73-67-68=208 [-8]
T16. Sophie Guo – 74-73-69=216 [E]
T19. Hailee Cooper – 73-71-73=217 [+1]
T19. Ashley Park – 76-70-71=217 [+1]
T22. Bentley Cotton – 73-71-74=218 [+2]
* 51. Kelly Xac – 92-81-93=266 [+21]
* – denotes golfer competing as a person