Picture: Coady Pictures
“We’ll have to peer what the turf is like Saturday to grasp if he’ll adore it,” instructor Jimmy Baker mentioned. “He were given over the company going beautiful neatly in September (within the Jefferson Cup) however we’ll see what it’s like Saturday.
“He doesn’t wish to have the lead however will probably be with reference to the entrance. In case you take a look at his maiden win ultimate yr, he closed from neatly off the tempo. I do suppose there’s another pace signed on on this race however he’s coaching in point of fact neatly from his win within the Jefferson Cup.”
Impressive Gem, a 3-year-old son of Can the Guy, is one in every of 4 6-1 co-second possible choices at the morning line in Saturday’s Commonwealth Turf. The 3-time winner will smash from publish place No. 6 with James Graham within the saddle.
A box of 14 3-year-olds are signed directly to compete within the 1 1/16-mile Commonwealth Turf with two horses as additionally eligible will have to any past due scratches happen. Pirate’s Punch, who’s within the frame of Saturday’s race, entered a 1 1/16-mile allowance match at the dust Sunday.
The transient rail could be taken down at the Matt Winn Turf Direction on Saturday and racing could be in Lane 1 at the hedge. Races have been taken off the turf on Wednesday and Thursday on account of rain that came about within the Louisville space.
Your complete box for the Commonwealth Turf from the rail out (with jockey, instructor, weight and morning line odds):
1. Tobacco Highway (Alex Achard, John Ennis, 118 kilos, 50-1)
2. Osage Moon (Miguel Mena, Mark Casse, 118, 12-1)
3. Clint Maroon (Channing Hill, Wayne Catalano, 120, 10-1)
4. Pirate’s Punch (Robby Albarado, Grant Forster, 118, 20-1)
5. Marquee Prince (Tyler Gaffalione, Brad Cox, 120, 8-1)
6. Impressive Gem (Graham, Baker, 120, 6-1)
7. Tracksmith (Brian Hernandez Jr., Joe Sharp, 120, 5-1)
8. Tiz Plus (Ricardo Santana Jr., Asmussen, 118, 15-1)
9. Knicks Move (Gabriel Saez, Ben Colebrook, 118, 12-1)
10. Armistice Day (Corey Lanerie, Barbara Minshall, 120, 6-1)
11. Mr Dumas (Joe Rocco Jr., John Ortiz, 118, 6-1)
12. Louder Than Bombs (Alex Canchari, David Fawkes, 118, 8-1)
13. Far off Kitten (Julien Leparoux, Mike Maker, 123, 6-1)
14. Journeyman (Declan Cannon, Eoin Harty, 118, 20-1).
Must any past due scratches happen, the next horses may just draw into the sphere: Proliferate (Chris Landeros, Casse, 118, 15-1); and Transparent Imaginative and prescient (Cannon, Jerry O’Dwyer, 118, 8-1).
The Commonwealth Turf is carded as Saturday’s featured match in Race 10 with a publish time of five:36 p.m. (all instances Jap). First publish is 1 p.m.
window.fbAsyncInit = serve as ()
(serve as (d, s, identification)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
if (d.getElementById(identification)) go back;
js = d.createElement(s); js.identification = identification;
js.src = “https://attach.fb.web/en_US/sdk.js”;
(report, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));
if(f.fbq)go back;n=f.fbq=serve as()n.callMethod?