- FIFA’s artistic digital response to COVID-19 captures the Content material Creation Award at Leaders Sports activities Awards 2020
- The months-long #WorldCupAtHome marketing campaign relived celebrated FIFA World Cup™ matches and moments for followers like by no means earlier than
- The digital content material reached 300 million followers in 126 nations
FIFA’s formidable #WorldCupAtHome digital marketing campaign – which was designed to attach, interact and entertain followers throughout the COVID-19 pandemic – has gained the Content material Creation Award from the Leaders Sports activities Awards.
Launched in 2008, Leaders is a world community of execs devoted to the sports activities trade. The Leaders Sports activities Awards are actually of their sixth 12 months of showcasing probably the most revolutionary individuals, concepts, applied sciences and tasks driving the game trade ahead.
This 12 months’s award targeted on organisations which can be delivering worth to the market by creating related and present content material throughout COVID-19 and sought to recognise organisations “creating the very best content material to interact their viewers”.
“When the size of what was taking place grew to become clear, we needed to rapidly ask ourselves ‘what does the world want from FIFA proper now?’” defined Simon Thomas, FIFA’s Chief Business Officer. “Now we have an extremely wealthy archive, filled with treasured soccer moments, and this marketing campaign gave us a platform to experiment and innovate, in addition to to assist important well being messages and entertain our followers on this time of uncertainty.”
The #WorldCupAtHome was conceived as a response to the pandemic that noticed sporting occasions cancelled and enormous numbers of individuals confined to their houses. FIFA’s Digital staff resolved to make use of the complete vary of its belongings, together with Twitter, Fb, Instagram, GIPHY, FIFA.com, and playlists on Spotify, with two clear goals:
- To create an entertaining “substitute” for reside soccer and produce new digital life to nice FIFA World Cup™ footage, thus participating FIFA’s world fan base;
- To make use of this connection to strengthen the bonds of neighborhood at a time of uncertainty and reinforce the essential “keep at residence” public well being message.
The marketing campaign started by asking customers to vote for which FIFA World Cup matches they want to watch, with FIFA’s YouTube channel “broadcasting” the winners in full. This developed into an revolutionary celebration of two iconic World Cup anniversaries: Mexico 1970 and Italy 1990. The 2 tournaments had been introduced again to life, utilising trendy model and codecs to seize the eye of a youthful soccer viewers throughout social media.
FIFA World Cup stars like Diego Maradona, Kylian Mbappé and Kristine Lilly joined the dialog, with followers and stars alike captivated by the dynamic and authentic marketing campaign. In the long run, the #WorldCupAtHome garnered over half a billion impressions throughout platforms, fascinating 300 million followers in 126 nations.