- FIFA.com has the build-up to Colombia-Uruguay, Chile-Peru & Brazil-Venezuela
- See quotes, stats, trivia & pictures
- Dwell updates posted all through the video games
Bolivia 2-3 Ecuador
Argentina 1-1 Paraguay
Do you know?
- Colombia and Uruguay each have a centre ahead referred to as ‘Luis Suarez’ of their squad. The previous referred to as up theirs – an uncapped participant primarily based with Granada in Spain – resulting from Falcao’s injury-enforced absence.
- The Celeste Suarez is joint-fourth on South America’s all-time main marksmen alongside Ronaldo (62 objectives). The 33-year-old is just two objectives shy of Neymar, with Lionel Messi (71) and Pele (77) out in entrance.
- Victor Pacheco helped Colombia thrash Uruguay 5-0 within the Germany 2006 preliminaries. It’s the Colombians’ joint-biggest-ever victory, and the Uruguayans’ heaviest-ever defeat, in a World Cup qualifier.
- Colombia have gained 5, drawn one and misplaced one in every of their final seven dwelling qualifiers with Uruguay, scoring 17 objectives and conceding simply 4 within the course of.
- Fernando Muslera is South America’s third-most-capped goalkeeper. With 116 appearances to his identify, the 34-year-old is closing in on former Paraguay No1 Justo Villar (120), with Chile’s Claudio Bravo at the moment main the way in which (123).
- Colombians Luis Muriel (18 objectives in 34 appearances) and Duvan Zapata (18 in 28) fashioned a lethal strike partnership within the 2019/20 Serie A season, serving to Atalanta rating 2.6 objectives per sport on common and 22 greater than champions Juventus total.
- Los Cafeteros, largely due to goalkeeper David Ospina, have saved 11 clear sheets of their final 14 matches.
South America’s prime worldwide scorers
Statistics up to date after Thursday’s video games.
Do you know?
- Arturo Vidal is one objective shy of turning into one in every of only a few box-to-box midfielders on the planet to register 30 worldwide objectives.
- Chile have gained 5 of their final six World Cup qualifiers in opposition to Peru.
- Peru have by no means gained a World Cup qualifier away to Chile, dropping eight and drawing two.
- Chile are fifth in South America and seventeenth total on the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Rating. Peru are sixth and twenty fourth respectively.
Neymar out, Ederson to start out
Regardless of travelling to Brazil from Paris, Neymar has been dominated out of the video games in opposition to Venezuela and Uruguay. Tite stated that he’ll due to this fact give Roberto Firmino extra of a free position and that Richarlison’s operate shall be that of a No9, whereas Gabriel Jesus is predicted to type a part of a three-pronged assault.
The Brazil coach additionally confirmed that Ederson will begin in objective. The 27-year-old will win his tenth cap.
Anticipated Brazil XI
Ederson; Danilo, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Renan Lodi; Allan, Douglas Luiz, Everton Ribeiro; Roberto Firmino, Gabriel Jesus, Richarlison.
Do you know?
- With out Neymar, Everton Ribeiro will put on the hallowed Brazil No10 shirt.
- Thiago Silva will captain Brazil for the thirty third time. The 36-year-old will play his 92nd worldwide, taking him stage with Kaka because the nation’s joint-Thirteenth most-capped participant.
- Brazil have gained 15 and drawn one in every of their 16 World Cup qualifiers with Venezuela, scoring 62 objectives and conceding only one within the course of.
- Venezuela goalkeeper Wuilker Farinez is merely 1.75m tall. The 22-year-old, who produced some breathtaking saves and have become the primary goalkeeper to attain at a FIFA U-20 World Cup™ at Korea Republic 2017, already has 24 senior caps to his identify.
- Venezuela reached their highest-ever place on the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Rating – twenty fifth – in November 2019. They’re at the moment twenty eighth, above the likes of African champions Algeria, Serbia, Russia and regional rivals Paraguay, Ecuador and Bolivia.
- 4 members of Jose Peseiro’s squad are presently enjoying their membership soccer in Brazil. Romulo Otero, Yeferson Soteldo, Jefferson Savarino and 20-year-old Jan Carlos Hurtado are at Corinthians, Santos, Atletico Mineiro and Bragantino respectively.
High scorers in Qatar 2022 qualifying
“So, so, so, a lot. Far more than you’ll be able to think about. I’ve gained the Champions League, the FIFA Membership World Cup, the Premier League. [The World Cup] is what’s lacking for me.”
Firmino to FIFA.com on how a lot he desires to win Qatar 2022
“I do know we will qualify, I am completely sure. I say that from the center, simply as I stated it after the opening sport of the earlier qualifiers.”
Renato Tapia to FIFA.com
“It’s my trademark! In fact I’ve imagined doing the pigeon dance within the World Cup. The supporters actually prefer it, it particularly appeals to children. I’ve executed it for the Seleção along with Neymar, I do it for my membership, and I wish to rating objectives and do it many instances on the 2022 World Cup.”
Richarlison to FIFA.com
“Imagining myself serving to Venezuela qualify for his or her first World Cup offers me goosebumps. I could not put a worth on that. It could be the last word.”
“It was a mixture of sentiments. The explosion of happiness to make my World Cup debut, to stay by means of the ambiance at a World Cup. After which the frustration of the 2 accidents that dominated me out of video games. Having that have, and being dominated out of video games once I was determined to play, has made me wish to be on the subsequent World Cup much more.”
Danilo to FIFA.com on Russia 2018
World Cup participations
|Brazil||21||Winners (1958, 1962, 1970, 1994, 2002)|
|Argentina||17||Winners (1978, 1986)|
|Uruguay||13||Winners (1930, 1950)|
|Peru||5||Quarter-finals (1970), second group stage (1978)|
|Bolivia||3||Group stage (1930, 1950, 1994)|
|Ecuador||3||Spherical of 16 (2006)|