We are heading into the 10th spherical of video games within the Premier League this weekend, which is a pleasing, spherical juncture at which to totally assess your delusion efforts.
So how have you ever been getting on? Oh, that dangerous, eh?
Smartly, by no means thoughts, for BBC Game and the Fable 606 podcast are right here to assist with some recommendations on transfers and workforce alternatives that may with a bit of luck get you again heading in the right direction for the lengthy trudge in opposition to Christmas.
Making an allowance for Tottenham’s fresh league effects, you may be forgiven for having already ditched Mauricio Pochettino’s males searching for one thing extra constant.
This weekend’s commute to leaders Liverpool does now not right away stand out as a explanation why to deliver them again in.
On the other hand, having struggled towards Brighton and Watford in fresh weeks, a test-your-mettle seek advice from to the house of the runaway table-toppers, by which they would possibly not shoulder the weight of anticipated victory, may just neatly be simply the sport Spurs want, particularly after their confidence-boosting 5-Zero Champions League win over Pink Famous person Belgrade on Tuesday.
It used to be the Reds who beat Tottenham in ultimate season’s Champions League ultimate, so revenge will likely be a motivating issue.
Harry Kane (5 targets and two assists towards Liverpool in 9 appearances) and Son Heung-min are evident applicants on your workforce. “The targets are there, however the one factor with Kane is the ankle he injured if Liverpool get bodily with him,” says Statman Dave of the Fable 606 podcast.
You may additionally be tempted by way of the incessantly overpassed Erik Lamela, who used to be superb towards Pink Famous person.
Long run, may just Davinson Sanchez, Ben Davies and Juan Foyth make that much-maligned defence a little bit more difficult?
Blades sharp on the again
Talking of being cussed on the again, Spurs may just do so much worse than search to emulate Sheffield United.
They’re as much as 9th within the desk, constructed basically upon the department’s joint-best defence.
This weekend, they take an unbeaten away document to West Ham, who’re but to totally fan the flames of entrance and feature received simply one in all their previous seven house conferences with the Blades.
There are many Sheffield United defenders to make a choice from, however John Lundstram (a midfielder indexed as a defender and “the principle guy” in step with Statman Dave) is the top candidate. You may additionally need to dabble with a kind of overlapping centre-backs – Chris Basham and Jack O’Connell.
Gross and Gylfi
This weekend sees Brighton host Everton, showcasing a conflict between the Premier League’s maximum prolific set-piece likelihood creators.
For the reason that get started of the 2017-18 season, no two gamers have created extra probabilities from set-plays than the 69 formed by way of each Pascal Gross and Gylfi Sigurdsson.
With the previous having arrange Adam Webster’s objective for the Seagulls towards Aston Villa ultimate weekend, and the latter scoring a belter within the Toffees’ win over West Ham, they arrive into the sport in points-scoring shape.
Different issues to imagine
- Jamie Vardy averages a objective each and every 113 mins within the Premier League for Leicester beneath Brendan Rodgers, his splendid ratio beneath any everlasting supervisor on the membership within the pageant. He is netted 15 targets in 19 video games since Rodgers’ arrival.
- Southampton’s Danny Ings has scored 5 targets in his previous 4 video games in all competitions, netting in 4 consecutive video games for the primary time in English soccer. “He has had probably the most photographs within the field of any striker within the ultimate month so the underlying knowledge suggests you must get him to your workforce,” says Statman Dave.
- Guy Town’s Sergio Aguero has scored six targets in his previous 4 Premier League video games towards Aston Villa, together with 5 in his previous 3 towards them at Etihad Stadium.
- Bournemouth striker Joshua King has scored 5 targets in his previous six Premier League appearances towards Watford, with 4 of the ones targets coming at Vicarage Highway.
- Burnley striker Chris Wooden has scored 4 targets in his previous 4 Premier League appearances, yet another than in his earlier 16 league video games mixed.
- Norwich’s Teemu Pukki used to be fascinated by 8 targets in his first 5 Premier League video games (six targets, two assists) – since then, he has failed to attain or lend a hand in any of his previous 4 video games.