Can Clemson save cratering ACC?
Clemson was once slow now and then at the street however nonetheless seems like the rustic’s No. 1 crew. That is the excellent news for the Atlantic Coast Convention, as a result of in a different way the league was once embarrassed many times this weekend. Nonetheless, Clemson’s position within the Faculty Soccer Playoff – and thus the ACC’s – will have to be safe … proper?
Different highlights from school soccer’s Week 3:
- Japanese Michigan loves the Large Ten! The Eagles now not best beat Illinois at the street – the 3rd consecutive season they have got defeated a Large Ten college in a street sport – in addition they picked up a groovy $1 million for his or her bother.
- You most likely should not communicate to Kentucky enthusiasts lately.
- Subsequent week’s Notre Dame-Georgia sport is taking a look beautiful, beautiful just right.
- Pitt trainer Pat Narduzzi was once fighting each Penn State and Math on Saturday.
- Michigan State enthusiasts, this was once a tricky one.
- Iowa State enthusiasts, we are so sorry.
- All of Kansas … have a good time! The Jayhawks picked up a surprising win for Les Miles, and new Kansas State trainer Chris Klieman is 3-Zero after his Wildcats knocked off an SEC crew at the street.
TEBOW’S RIDICULOUS ARGUMENT
Former Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow does not consider school athletes will have to be compensated as a result of … smartly, his reasoning does not make a lot sense. A sampling: “Now we are converting it from ‘us’ from ‘we’ from ‘my college,’ being an alumni the place I care, which makes school sports activities particular, to ‘OK, it is not about us, it is not about we, it is about me.’ “
OK. Anyway, USA TODAY Sports activities’ Dan Wolken thinks Tebow’s argument is laughable.
- FIBA FAIL: Workforce USA had a deficient appearing on the FIBA Global Cup. Kobe wasn’t shocked. Jeff Zillgitt on what is subsequent for the American citizens because the Olympics means.
- THE AIR CONDITIONING FIGHT YOU DIDN’T KNOW YOU NEEDED: LSU beat Texas final week in a soccer sport, however that was once just the start. The Tigers claimed their locker room was once HOT, HOT, HOT. Texas spoke back sanely via freeing the locker room’s temperature knowledge.
- TENNESSEE DOES GOOD: A fourth-grader in Florida was once bullied over his selfmade UT blouse. Tennessee despatched the child a host of swag, then put the design on an respectable T-shirt. Oh, then UT presented him a complete experience.
- HOUSTON, YOU ARE A PROBLEM: Justin Verlander and Gerrit Cole were just about unhittable for the Astros. Bob Nightengale on how the duo is protecting it old-school.
- SO HE *IS* HUMAN: Smartly, possibly. No less than Invoice Belichick proved his face can contort into a grin throughout a information convention. A step in the proper path!
- JUSTIFY UNJUST?: Justify, final yr’s Triple Crown winner, could have taken some shortcuts. Dan Wolken discovered his instructor Bob Baffert’s reaction beautiful susceptible. Tim Sullivan calls the cover-up “shameful,” irrespective of framing.
THE SAGA CONTINUES
The week started on a top notice for Antonio Brown. The receiver were launched via the Raiders and landed with the Patriots. Then issues took a far darker flip when he was once accused of rape in a civil lawsuit. Here is our protection of the aftermath:
- ‘Only a downside child, guy’: A glance into Brown’s bothered previous.
- Christine Brennan on why Brown *should* be benched via the NFL.
- Jarrett Bell on why the NFL did the proper factor via letting Brown play … for now.
- Nancy Armour on Brown changing into the NFL’s worst nightmare.
- Brown himself calling out the haters.
- Terry Bradshaw is … now not a fan.
- A historical past of Brown’s felony troubles.
WEIRD WEEK FOR OBJ
In lighter and fairly extra complicated NFL huge receiver information, Odell Beckham Jr. is insisting on dressed in a crazy-expensive watch throughout video games. Corridor of Famer Warren Sapp is not partial to the follow.
In different OBJ information, the receiver claims Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Williams as soon as recommended gamers to take him out. Jonathan Vilma, who performed for Williams, spoke back to the declare.
Williams had an enchanting response: “Odell who?”
Unique to the US TODAY Sports activities Community
From unique reporting to one of the crucial country’s very best columns, those are tales you’ll be able to best get from the USA TODAY Sports activities Community:
- A Cowboys DB ran very speedy. Then the NFL drug-tested him.
- Seeing his spouse continue to exist mind surgical operation made Lions QB more potent.
- The place have all of the Heismans long gone, Notre Dame?
- The Harbaughs are supporting a Michigan circle of relatives that misplaced a kid.
- The most powerful girl on the planet has a grimy mouth and a center of gold.
- Steven Ruiz explains why NFL groups will have to be operating play-action extra.
- Former FSU big name Myron Rolle is now a health care provider and a part of a crisis reaction crew within the Bahamas.
- Meet the deaf Michigan highschool soccer participant who captains his crew and dominates fighters.
- We had a way skilled grade Cam Newton’s outfits.
- PGA Excursion golfer Justin Thomas had a melanoma scare.
- Would Clint Bowyer damage some other driving force to win? Smartly…
- Hi there, ‘Bama scholars, you gotta keep the entire sport. OR ELSE.
- Kobe turns out to have maintained his aggressive edge.
- Nice second at Fenway.
- Some man did donuts on one in every of Trump’s lessons.
- Child is going to 3-hitter. Child catches foul ball. Child catches foul ball, once more.
- MLB hitters are hitting baseballs arduous and a ways.
- Braves celebrity Ronald Acuña Jr. is coming near 40-40 territory. Best been carried out 4 occasions.
- Kevin Chappell performed an excellent spherical of golfing.
Need extra content material like this to your inbox? Join USA TODAY Sports activities’ day by day sports activities e-newsletter, the place you can get the largest information and trending subjects delivered every morning. And we even have unique NFL (4th & Monday) and NBA (Click on & Roll) newsletters to meet your inbox’s urge for food.
SEE YOU ON SOCIAL
And for extra nice sports activities tales from throughout the US TODAY Community, take a look at sports activities.usatoday.com day by day. And do not overlook to observe USA TODAY Sports activities on Twitter, Instagram and Fb.